Monday, May 16, 2005
Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey
Friday Night -
JR helped me pick out a new fish tank for my beta fish, Phoenix. Phoenix is so active, I thought he'd appreciate more space than the average beta bowl. He looks so happy now.
And of course at some point in putting the tank together, I had to shove the whole mess at JR and say, "Baby, make it make sense, please?"
Then we had a movie and chinese food date. He's so cute. He makes me giggle foolishly and grin like an idiot. And he's snuggly. I'm going to keep him.

Sat. -
So when my mother asked when she should come over on Sat, I said that earlier was best, because I would be very busy. She said she'd be there by nine. At 9:20, she called to say she was just leaving. Rather than let her play fast and loose with my whole day, I ran some errands while I was waiting. I went grocery shopping (am I the only one that is growing to love grocery shopping?) and then I bought a new birdcage for Augistine, with new perches and a swing and a hammock/tent thing to hide in.
Then my mother called to say she was at my apartment.
I met Bob. I've been warned he's a hugger, so I was prepared with 'don't even try to touch me' body language, and it worked.
My mother was fairly pleasant, with the notable exception of letting me know she ran into the old family friend that used to rape me as a kid (and yes, she's fully aware of that) and told me that "he looks good and happy and healthy, we chatted for a while." Is too much to ask that if she chooses to be friendly with my rapist that she at least not give me updates on his happy life?
So after a while, she and Bob left (I loaded up my arms with picture frames so that he wouldn't try to hug me).
JR and took a snuggly nap, then went to the mall and I bought out New York Co. I love shopping there. I found a dress, so comfortable and so cute that I bought two (one deep red, one aqua) and I think I'll go back for more. And their little scoop neck tees are so cute and on sale right now. I love that store so much, really people, go shop there.
I also bought a perfect pair of little wedges and a cute necklace and a pair of sunglasses that JR thinks make me look like a bug. Then we went to a nice new menswear store and I got to sit and watch my handsome boyfriend put on a fashion show while he tried stuff on.
Sunday - Stretch made me a origami frog out of one of the bulletin flyers during church. Such are lifes little treasures. And Paul and I laughed over the option 'always single' on the little contact info cards in the bulletin. Really, I swear it said that.
After that was the AWANA Fun Fair for the kids. I ran the cake walk, and I let the kids play it VJ style, which is sorta duck-duck-goose meets shoving match. *giggle* I like chaos.
I got another layer of tan (desparately needed) and a cake. And the kids and I had so much fun.
Then I went to JR's and we went swimming and vegged in his porch swing. *sigh* JR is so much fun to go swimming with. We even brought his dog Keno in with us, Keno loved it.


1 Comments:

Blogger Mafia! said...

Mmm ... snuggly naps ... Mmmm
Sunshine would be nice!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home