Monday, May 09, 2005
Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey
BONUS - Thursday Edition!

Thursday was Cinco De Mayo, and so JR and James and I got mexican food and went to the park to eat it. There was a big party going on there, with plenty of tequila, so it was fun to sit in the trees and amuse ourselves by watching drunk people. They were a little too drunk to be throwing a football, so mostly they were just bouncing it off each other's heads.

*giggle*

Yes, it was as funny as you are picturing.

Friday Night
JR and I rediscovered the wonder and the magic that is .................... Crocodile Dundee. Has Paul Hogan done anything lately? If I was making a movie, I would put him in it. Much as I would be tempted, I wouldn't make him do the whole bit about, "That's not a knife, THIS is a knife" in the movie, because he's probably sick to death about that. Well, not in the movie. At my birthday party, maybe. Yeah, definatly at my birthday party. I'd write it into his contract.

Saturday
I was driving over to pick up Coco around noon, when I passed the Knox house in El Cajon, a historical house/museum that NEVER seems to be open. But it was open today, so I turned in to ask how long it would be open to see if I had time to go get Coco and bring her by for a tour. The house is about 4 1/2 rooms, but somehow they managed to have about 16 volunteer senior citizen tour guides. They started arguing about where I should enter, when I came back with Coco. "Come to the back door when you come back, Honey." "No, she needs to come in the front." "She needs to get her hand stamped in the back." "She can do that in the end, and the tour starts here." "But the stamp is very important." "I know, but we can bring the stamp up here."
I thought I was going to have to separate them. Finally, I just pointed out to them I that I could actually see all of the exits from where I was standing, so how much difference could it really make. They were so cute, in their costumes.
I went and got Coco and said,
"Coco, lets go get our hands stamped and indulge some sweet old people."
"Ok."
That's the true spirit of adventure. "Ok." No questions, no explanation. Just "Ok."
*sigh* I [heart] her. She's too cute.
The tour was so much fun, the little old ladies handed us off to show us different rooms and (this is the part I liked) ACTUALLY LET US TOUCH STUFF. We got to play around in the kitchen with the old stove and flour sieve and irons. I was so nice not to have velvet ropes up, or to hear, "No touching or flash photography, please."
After the tour, Coco and I went to the park and sat in the big playground jungle gym thing and ate our lunch and made friends with small children.
After that, I went to JR's and met his new pet lovebird. Dang it, I was going to get him one for his birthday or our anniversary. Oh well. He just had this glint in his eye the other day when he held Augustine and talked about the lovebird he had when he was young. I knew he wanted one. We watched movies until late, then I sleepily drove myself home.

Sunday
After church, JR and went to his parents for Mother's Day lunch. I stuffed myself, and then managed to fall asleep in front of the tv while we all watched a movie.
Then JR and I went home and watched Crocodile Dundee II.


4 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Crocodile Dundee rocks! Heh heh :D

According to this, Paul Hogan has did "Crocodile Dundee in LA" in 2001. It also mentions "Almost an Angel" that he did - if I remember rightly, that movie was great..you should check that out too :-D

Blogger Mafia! said...

Tristan!!
Your grammer!!!! 'has did'??? Meh!

Blogger T said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger T said...

Yeah...typo - oops :-|

Post a Comment

<< Home