Monday, May 02, 2005
Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey
Friday Night - Garlic and New Clothes, but not in that order.
Did you know that something can taste more garlicly than garlic? Don't believe me? Go eat anything at Buca de Bepo. Or lick my skin, I'm sure the distilled garlic is still seeping from my pores. You gotta love it's 'family style resturant' atomsphere, I think our waitress was 9 1/2 months pregnant. Really. And somehow, I managed to bring home more in leftovers than I ordered. Not sure how that happened, but ok.
Friday night, before dinner, I managed to drop far more money at Old Navy than I thought I would ever want to spend. I've never really liked Old Navy that much. But then they put bright yellow coats and the worlds most perfect little black dress on sale. ON SALE, people. Who knew I'd find stuff I LOVED at Old Navy? I certainly didn't. Stuff I LIKED, sure. Old Navy is were you go to find sensible knit tops and khakies. Not to find a dress you worship and adore. The world is a'changing, people.

Sat. - The Worlds Longest Breakfast and a Moonlit Drive. In that order, obviously.
I [heart] Bunny. Who else could I go to breakfast with until 2pm? It was lovely. There was this cute little girl in the booth next to me wearing one of those 'you dressed yourself today, didn't you honey?' outfits. Pink camoflage frilly skirt, black and silver sparkly top, pink knit hat and black boots. It was too cute. I may wear the same outfit tomorrow, but it probably won't look as cute on me.
Then I lounged around with my adorable boyfriend until about five, and drove up to Ramona to hang with Jessica, who might now be reading this (Hi Jessica!), and eat chips and red meat and explode eggs in the microwave. Jessica, dear, you really do know how to feed people. I even got to play with her puppy. And she's just the right sort of dog, playful, with big, 'almost-but-not-quite-grown-into' puppy paws. I'm so dog-starved, I WANT one. Maybe I'll just rent one on the weekends.
Then I drove home in the moonlight, listening to the mix cd Jonny sent me. It was such a lovely moment.

Sunday - How I gave away the rest of my money.
After church, JR and I went shopping. I went to Borders, and managed not to buy anything! That's a first. Then I bought an alarm clock. I usually wake up without any alarm, but I like having music come on to float me out of bed. Then we went to Walmart (yes, I'm ashamed) where I bought a cd, raisins and some craft paper, amoung other things. It disturbs me that I can buy that all in one store.
Then I went home and did some watercolor doodles on a letter to Isho. That was such fun. Isho, hurry and give me your address so I can send it, so that you can write back, so that I can write you back and do more watercolor doodles, ok? HURRY. I'm stifled artistically until you do.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home