Thursday, May 19, 2005
Star Wars
So last night I decided on a very unusual costume for the Star Wars first showing. I went dressed as Someone-Who-Understands-That-There-Is-A-Line-Between-Fantasy-And-Reality. (It involved wearing very cute shoes.)

But before I go any farther, I should say to any Star Wars fans out there, I love ya' ll. I date a Star Wars fan, and he's hot. And I can hardly mock anyone for going to the first showing, because I am aware of the fact that I WAS THERE TOO. I'm just saying. I get more than a little giddy whenever a Gwyneth Palthrow movie comes out, and I actually went to see Chris Kattan in Corky Romano, feel free to mock me about either of those things.

That said, last night was SO FRICKIN' FUNNY.
We got the theater at about 9:30 PM, and they sent us all into the theater right away. I hadn't seen the second of these new ones (Episode IQVII%V, I don't know), so I thought about standing up in the theater and asking all the people there to tell me what it was about. Or better yet, ask them to act it out.

"So then Yoda does what?
Act it out.
No, you're too tall, act it out on your knees."

"So what noise does the fighter jet makes?
Show me the battle manuevers they use."

"Stop fighting over who gets to be Anakin."

"Somebody HAS to be JarJar.
Come on, anybody?"

I thought two 'jedi knights' were going to come to blows at one point. I wonder what that would be like.

Jedi 1 - *taps Jedi 2's leg with plastic lightsaber* "I've just cut off your foot."
Jedi 2 - "Bummer. You got me."

If it were me, I'd be like, "So? I just dropped a piano on your head, so HAH. And I just sent a glactic dust storm tornado thru your Mama's spaceport trailer park."

The movie was good. As a movie. (Not as a lifestyle.) It was exciting and interesting. They weren't kidding when they said it was dark, brutal and violent.

No one beat James and I up for saying (loudly) during the movie, "Where's the StarGate?" "Dude, I just totally saw the Enterprise in the background." and "I know how it ends, he becomes EVIL."


2 Comments:

Blogger beaky said...

I just got back from watching it and it was AMAZING!! I WANT a light sabre, and it has to be pink!

Blogger T said...

I saw it last night..it was so cool! The only people dressed up were the staff, and their costumes were so cool!

The movie was good too; I want I lightsabre too! And an R2D2..and while we're at it, I'll take a Yoda *grin*

Wise he is.

Post a Comment

<< Home