Tuesday, May 17, 2005
Someone said some very cruel and untrue things about me yesterday.
Someone who takes it for granted that she deserves a place in my life.

And at first it hit me hard and really hurt, and it seemed such a big thing. Then last night JR and I went shopping, and as I picked out new oven mitts, it hit me that these oven mitts had more relevance to my life than she did. The choice of color and pattern will affect my life more than the choice of what to say in reply to this person. And she shrunk back into the tiny role she plays in my life.

And I'm not going to respond to her accusations. Is anyone familiar with the carton character Happy Bunny? There is one that goes something like this,
"Q. - Is the glass half full or half empty?
1. Half Empty
2. Half Full
3. Ducks and Pancakes

A. - The answer is 3. Ducks and Pancakes. Don't waste your time trying to find a sensible answer to a ridiculous question."

So in answer to what she said, I say, "Ducks and Pancakes."

And that's all I need to say on the subject.

But on the subject of oven mitts, it occurs to me that I discuss them a lot. Any theories as to why?

And yes, like everything I own, I did name them. That is, if Stretch has no objection to them being named Paul and Rodger. *giggle*


3 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

you are an inspiration

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Thank you, Col.
You're adorable.
I would share my legos with you.

Blogger Minoa said...

heheh...sorry, I first read that as "I would shave my legs with you."
lol
i would love to play anytime!

Post a Comment

<< Home