Friday, May 06, 2005
I wanna be someone's magic mouse or little carrot.
Silly lovey-dovey names from around the world.

Vegetable
Mon petit chou (French): My little cabbage
Zuckerstuc (German): Sugar pea
Mya morkovka (Russian): My little carrot

Animal
Zaubermaus (German): Magic mouse
Zyeinka (Russian): Little rabbit
Moja zabcia (Polish): My frog
Tsipotchka (Russian): Little birdie

Animal-food hybrid
Zuckerschnecke (German): Sugar snail
Honey bunny (American): Honey bunny

Fruit
Yogodka (Russian): Little berry
Mi media naranja (Mexican): My half orange

High-caloric
Cupcake (American): Cupcake
Meu docinho de coco (Brazilian): My little coconut treat

Insects
Ma puce (French): My flea
Mi chinicuil (Mexican): My bug; my worm
Fofinho (Portuguese): Little fluffy thing
Shnoogly-woogly (American): Shnoogly-woogly


2 Comments:

Blogger G Dawney said...

VJ, came by way of Bathroom Reading. Am loving this blog of yours. We are definately sisters, by the way

I just wanted to mention to you that BR does not, under normal circumstances comment with Blogger Comments. You should feel priveleged.

I just read your testimony and it really, really touched my heart. I felt the same way when I first found a "family" at church. I am so glad that Mother's Day is coming up... I have like three or four Moms that I get to buy cards for!

Keep up the good work!

Blogger Melina said...

Thanks VJ. I taught these terms to my mom over our mother's day meal! She loved them all, and promised to call me on the phone and use them on me. Now I just need a boy to do that too!

Post a Comment

<< Home