Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Widdle Lost Kidden on my Doorstep
This morning, I walked out my door, with all my daily luggage, jacket, cd case, giant purse, lunch bag, etc, and almost stepped on a little black kitten on my doormat. He had been sniffing my door and looked up at me like, "I know you have cats, so it logically follows that you must have cat FOOD, lady."
He's about 8 months old, I'm guessing. Obviously someone's pet, he's wearing one of those harness collar that people use when they are trying to teach a cat to walk on a leash. He's friendly, his coat looks healthy. But his little white feet where dirty, his coat was a bit wet. He'd looked like he'd been lost for a few days.
I wasn't sure what to do. I couldn't just throw him in the house with my cats. I don't know what he'd do to my apartment, I don't know if he'd get along with my cats. But I knew I couldn't just leave him outside all day. The feral cats in the area would beat him up, I'm sure. While pondering this, and getting him some food and water, I managed to lock myself out of my apartment. I had to go wake my apartment manager at 6:45 this morning. *note to self - order him some pizzas or something this weekend* Finally I got back inside and put the kidden in my bathroom with food, water and his own litterbox, so he'll be ok in there, and my kitties will leave him alone. I made some posters here at work, that I'll put up when I get home. I really can't keep him, (we're only allowed up to two cats at my apartment complex), so if I don't find his owners by this weekend, I'm taking him to a shelter (don't worry, it's a 'no-kill' shelter, and he'll go to a foster home or be adopted if no one claims him). I'm pretty sure if his owners took the time to leash train him, they'll take the time to find him, so I'm not too worried.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home