Monday, April 18, 2005
Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey
I bought a dinning room table and chairs from a co-worker, so Friday night I got them home, and I'm SO happy with them. Fifty bucks got me a perfect sized table that looks great. I feel like an adult now. I can have dinner parties now, that don't involve eating off a plate balanced on your knees. That's a nice feeling.
Sat I was waiting around for the guy from Craigslist to bring my chair. I'm going to skip the story, and jump right ahead to the moral.
I fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is Never get involved in a land war in Asia. But only slightly less well know is this -
Never buy furniture from a man who's voicemail says "You're reached Martin, and booking for [band name]."
So it was an adventure, but I have no new chair. Oh well.
JR and I went for a bike ride to my new favorite coffee house, where you can actually order and PB&J sandwich. And if you ask the nice guy behind the counter to surprise you with some sort of drink, he WILL. I love people like that. It sucks when you say, "Surprise me. Give me whatever YOU drink." and they stammer and say, "Well, uh, do you like pineapple?" That totally ruins it. So now I say, "Surprise me. I'm not allergic to anything except brocoli, and the only things I don't eat are pork and shellfish, and if you have a smoothie involving any of those things, we have bigger issues to discuss."
Then that night, Dev and Dufel were on their way over, and JR had just left when I found a lost parakeet with clipped wings in the gutter. I had to crawl under a car, through a puddle to get her, but she was so scared and lost, poor thing. I bought a really cute little cage and everything, and since no one has claimed her, I'm going to keep her. I named her Eden Clarita Quested. She's the most colorful parakeet I've ever seen. Dev, Dufel, JR (who came back over to find that I had ANOTHER pet and said "Dude! I can't leave you alone for five minutes, can I?!") Eden and I sat down to watch Legends of the Fall. Dev and I had never seen it before, and by halfway through, we're looking at each other going, "Everyone is dying. I want to root for someone to live happily ever after, but who is left? The grizzly?"
Dev stayed over, which was fun. I miss late night chats with my old roomie.
Coco, you and the band ROCKED 'My Father's House' at church on sunday.
Then after church Coco, JR and I settled in at my new dinning room table with Rubios fish tacos to prep Coco for her algebra test. I think her notes are going to smell like lime and fish, but oh well. Then we went to Starbucks, where the nice man behind the counter let Coco dance the calypso on a table, and gave us number stickers. I was '63', Coco was '36'. We very much [heart] that nice starbucks man.
We also very much [heart] the middle aged man in the sedan next to us at a red light that appreciated and applauded our redition of Gloria Estevan's "Heaven's What I Feel", which we sang very, VERY loudly to him.
Sadly, I had to give Coco back to her family. *sigh*
Then JR and hung out and snuggled.
Then grocery shopping. Then bed.


1 Comments:

Blogger Sven said...

*waves hand frantically in the air*

"Please Miss, what's a PB&J sandwich?"

Post a Comment

<< Home