Monday, April 11, 2005
Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey
Friday night was mine and JR's 20 month anniversary. There has a movie and a couch and plenty of kissing.
Sat my lovely boyfriend took me to breakfast. Then we took his puppy Keno to Petco, and I bought two new goldfish, Wallis and Jochiam. They are so cute, and pictures are coming soon on the Postage Stamp blog. They're getting along great with Bianca and Luigi.
Then I went over to Bunny's and we talked about clothes and boys, and she gave me a big boquet of sweet peas from her garden. I took them home and set them next to the roses from JR and thought "I'm so rich in flowers." Then I realized, "No, I'm rich in PEOPLE."
Seven cds that I ordered came in on Sat. SEVEN. Count them, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. SEVEN. That's such a good feeling. ALL THAT MUSIC. *happy sigh*
Sunday at church was great, the worship band is really getting good. I [heart] my kidlets.
Then JR and I drove out to Julian (small town in the mountains, used to be a mining town, now they grow apples and make delish pies). It was such a lovely day for a drive in the country. I saw so many horses, I miss riding so much. I saw a house that was so charming, I just had to wink at it.
JR and I strolled around the town, and in a small secondhand store, I found a box of old photographs. One was of a HUGE log being pulled down the main street by a team of horses, and a funny little man in overalls with ears that stuck out was riding the log. It's such a darling picture, it's dated 1918. I bought it for 3 bucks and framed it and hung it up.
There were some actors doing a cowboy re-enactment for the tourists, it was cute.
Then as we were leaving, I saw a bigrig hauling a HUGE log down the main street, and it looked so much like my picture I wanted to jump up and ride it.
The tree was being hauled out because it was partially burned. There was a huge fire a year and a half ago, and the road we took home led through it. So much has grown back, but so many beautiful trees were reduced to just the dead, charred trunks that have to be cut down so they don't fall on the road. It's sad, it used to be this lovely, shaded drive though old scrub oaks. *sigh*
We saw a pair of black hawks, one flew right over the car. And at least a dozen red-tailed hawks. They're beautiful.
That night when we got home, JR helped me go on a cleaning spree, so my little Postage Stamp feels happy and clean again.
Sadly, my home computer died. *moment of silence for Kenny* Since I'm not bucks up at the moment, the Postage Stamp might remain offline for a few months. *tear*
But all in all, it was a lovely weekend. I even bought a new CD case, and anything that makes me more organinzed, makes me happy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home