Friday, April 22, 2005
Things you can use to bribe me..........
I got to thinking last night about my father. My father thinks only two things will motivate people, money and power.
Not so in my case. Which is probably why I continue to frustrate him to no end. I don't put myself under the authority of anyone that doesn't have my best interests at heart, and money doesn't have much value to me.

So, if you want something from me, these are the currency of my motivation -

Glitter pens (Col, seriously, how did you know that?)
Glitter in any form, really.
Cherry Tomatoes
Old second-hand books. Especially if the previous owner made notes in it.
A pet of any sort. Even a neopet. Even a pet rock. Just tell me I can name it.
A coffee mug. No matter how boring, how tacky, or how many others I already have.
Postcards, from Milwakee, from Argentina, from anywhere.
Let me name something of yours.
Potted plants
Craft Paper
Take a walk with me.
Dangly earrings
Pressed leaves or flowers
Roller skates
Offer to take a dance or art or history class with me.
Unusual beads
A stuffed animal you 'rescued' from a yardsale.
A donation to a charity
An old beat up tin that I can put treasures in.
A blank notebook
Anything drawn by a child with a crayon.
Crayons. Especially green ones.
Christmas ornaments shaped like any sort of animal.
Coins that have some sort of nick or bent in them.
Old b&w photographs of people I never knew, and can wonder about.
Offer to tell me a sad love story from your life.
Offer to let me arrange your filing cabinet.
Bracelets, preferably ones that clink together when I move.
Outdated maps of obscure places.
A cold root beer.
Black licorice jelly beans
Bubbles
Little glass bottles
Odd spoons
Wooden spoons
Vintage travel posters
Flip flops (you can never have too many)
A carne asada burrito, and a horchata
A mix cd of songs that you like, but can't explain why you like.
Tea
Teabags
An old silk scarf you found amoung the old lady hats at a thrift shop.
Cute socks
Drink coasters
Tell me a story of San Diego history.
Tell me a story you made up.
Show me how to do something cool to my blog.
Tell me you like my blog.
Tell me you like me.
Tell me you love me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home