Tuesday, April 05, 2005
Test from 'Rez
Name the most unusual object you possess.

Hm. I own a lot of random things. Probably going to have to go with the pulpit. I was at a church yard sale and they were selling an old wooden box style pulpit for five bucks. I bought it and now I use it as a writing desk. I still haven't decided what color to paint it.


Name three things you like about yourself.

I like that I notice shy people.
I like that I can laugh easily.
I like that people trust me with their secrets.


Name three things you don't.

That I can't get rid of a stuffed animal, or rid myself of the notion that it will be heartbroken if I get rid of it.
That I can be forgetful of obligations. I really don't want to be that sort of person.
Anytime I am afraid of something, I despise that in myself.


Name three things you'd like to learn.

To speak Chinese and French. I have a theory that by knowing English, Chinese and French, you can have basic communication with most of the world. Most countries, if one of those languages is not the official language, it's a comman second language. It's a theory anyway.

To learn to cook mexican food. I sure know how to eat it, but I'm not a very good cook of it. When I lived in Alburquerque, I dated a local hispanic guy named Gabe, and his friends' wives and girlfriends couldn't believe how useless I was in the kitchen. I understood just enough spanish to understand one of them mutter, "Good thing she has money." (they considered me rich, funny how different people's perceptions are on wealth) I'm sure it was a strain on their sense of humor not to call me "Gringa" to my face, so I made the joke myself to set them at ease. They tried to teach me to make tortillas, and I gave Gabe my first attempt.
"Awww, hun, you made it heart-shaped. How sweet!"
"Uh, not on purpose. I was trying for round."

To play the cello. No, wait. Something more practical. Like be really good at removing stains. Or one of those people that can throw together a soup without a recipe. Or knows what time of year to plant things.
It occurs to me that I apparently want to learn to BE Bunny.
Ok, I know. My stepgrandmother used to work at a vet's office, and she just buys the syringes and vaccinations and vaccinates all her pets herself, like its nothing. Think how handy that ability would be, how much time and money you would save on vet trips. I wish I could do that.


Name three things that comfort you when you are stressed.

Certainly not the thought of sticking a needle into my own pet. Maybe that last skill is beyond me. But my pets comfort me. Maximus is extra nice to me when I'm stressed or sick. He just knows, somehow. And was there ever anything more soothing that the sight of happy fish swimming around their big tank? Even my hermit crabs chirp to each other at night.

JR. Just one hug from him and I start calming down. He snuggles me in tight to his chest and wipes my tears. Then he'll grab the nearest stuffed animal and start a puppet show with it, dancing, kissing my cheek, playing peekaboo, until I laugh.

*We now pause this post while the writer calls her boyfriend and tells him she loves him............

........ and now on with the post.*

Tea and toast. That's comfort food. If it's tea and toast late at night in Bunny's kitchen, while she says kind words that make me feel empowered to deal with whatever is stressing me out, even better.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home