Thursday, April 14, 2005
A poem by my brother, Jesse.
Return
by Jesse Might-Not-Want-His-Last-Name-Splashed-Across-The-Internet-But-You-Could-Probably-Figure-It-Out-If-You-Know-Me-But-If-You-Know-Me-Then-Its-Probably-Ok-For-You-To-Know-It.

What is it about the human soul that longs for the past
That wishes for things and days gone by
Who yearns to return to the last
And searches for the same hue in the sky

If we say life is about moving on
Then why are we back where we started
Waiting for things that are gone
And looking for those who have departed

But return I have and so I will
And continue to seek in body and mind
Is the truth of the past the truth still?
Is reunion the consolation I hope to find?

Time is now long though I wish it were not
So I will continue urgently, earnestly, because I have to
Probing the space and searching for the spot
Believing returning will make me feel new


1 Comments:

Blogger Jm said...

Hmmmmmm... That poem sounds like my life....

Strange.

Nite.

Post a Comment

<< Home