Friday, April 22, 2005
Phone Message Madness
So I wanted to chat with my old roomie, Devin. I didn't know that Dev had just changed her number.
So I call the old number, and get a generic message, "You've reached such and such number...." the standard default message that the voicemail service puts there until you've changed it.
I left a message,

"Hey Dev, how's it going? Haven't talked to you in a bit, gimme a call! Bye!"

So a few days later, I get a call from a guy named Kevin, and I didn't know who it was, but if it was an old friend, I didn't want to offend him, so I chatted for a few minutes, hoping he would say something to clue me in on who he was. He was returning my message, and he had no clue who I was either, and was doing the same thing, hoping that I would say something that would jog his memory.
"So what have you been up too?"
"Not much. Haven't seen you since that one time, where were we?"
"Gosh, can't remember."

He 'fessed up first.

"Hey [VJ], I hate to admit this, but actually don't remember you at all."
"Actually, I have no idea who you are either."
"You left me a message, you said 'Hey Kev.'"
"Oh, I get it now."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home