Thursday, April 14, 2005
Another Actual IM Conversation
Receptionist to Bored Sales Guy stuck in a meeting upstairs -
So every month, purchasing gets a 52 page full color catalog of .......... trash cans. That's it. Just trash cans. Every color and shape you can imagine. And a few you can't.

I was thumbing through it this morning as I sorted the mail. (Yeah, I read other peoples mail. So sue me. Oh, you mother says she loves you and sent $25. I spent it on two new cds. *sigh* I [heart] John Mayer.)

Anyway, I was thinking about the catalog, and how there must be a guy that puts it out everymonth. That's what he does with the ever dwindling days of his life. He worries about, works on, and puts out a catalog of trash cans. Does he go to the photo shoots? "Can we change the lighting angle? This one is looking a little shiny, make-up, could you touch that up? Thanks?" Does he talk shop at night when he's lying in bed with his wife? "So we've got the new line of wide bins coming out next month, we're very excited. If all goes as planned, Pookie, we could take that cruise you've been wanting."

But you KNOW he lies at dinner parties.

"Hm, you must try the french onion dip. So, Larry, tell me, what do you do?"

"Well Marge, I'm a ......... Cowboy. Yeah. A Cowboy."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home