Monday, March 28, 2005
Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey
Not much to report, since I spent the majority of the last four days sleeping, punctuated by a few IM conversations with some sweet friends kind enough to check up on me.
Drugged out of my mind (legally, doctor prescribed) and so, SO bored.
I tried to leave the house twice. I am still not allowed to drive myself anywhere yet.
Friday night I asked my AJN to walk me down to the corner Mexican food place, because rolled tacos was the only thing that sounded remotely palatable, and I had to take my medication with food. Poor Bashar had to guide me by my elbow, as I kept wandering off the sidewalk and he was afraid I'd end up in the street. I'm sure everyone at Albertos thought I was drunk. Especially when I almost threw up. It's hard to explain how dizzy I was. With my equalibrium completely gone, I had no reference points. I could be upside down and not know it for a few minutes.
But we made it there and back safetly.
Then on Sat, Bunny asked if I wanted to run a few errands with her. I was so desparate to get out of the house, I agreed. We went to a craft store, and I managed not to walk into any walls. But by the time we got to Walmart, I was fading fast. So Bunny took me home, which was a good thing, because the guy from Cox was there to hook up the phone line that I got just to get a reduced rate on my internet. I can't remember the last time I had a home phone. Like most people I know, I just use my cell. Simpler that way, and cheaper, usually. I don't even have a phone connected to it.
So that was my exciting weekend. JR came home from his camping trip early, because he was worried about me. Which was a good thing, not just for me, but for his fish, that turned out to be sick with something that was literally called 'The Ick'. Not making this up. 'Vertigo' and the 'The Ick'. Sounds like a scary movie double feature at the drive-in movies.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home