Monday, March 07, 2005
Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey
Friday night was blissfully quiet, just a much needed evening in with my honey. I [heart] him, I so totally [heart] him. There was a movie and a couch and a lot of smooching. I don't think anyone out there wants more details than that, so moving one.........
Sat. morning I woke up at 5:45 AM, my usual weekday time, and got up and opened the blinds to let in the morning light. Then I thought about how horribly wasteful of good sleeping in time this was, so I went back to bed for about two more hours.
When I got up the second time, I had a good long soak in the tub, then made coffee for myself and my AJN. Then off to JR's for breakfast. We re-arranged the furniture in his bedroom, and went new boxspring shopping. When we got it home I noted that while JR could stand on the floor and easily touch the ceiling with his hand, I could stand on his bed and jump up and down without my head touching the same ceiling. Sad, frankly.
Then we watched the first two Austin Powers movies because JR had never seen them. As usual, I had to explain most of the sexual innuendo to him. He's so adorably pure, I [heart] him. That's not sarcasm, either. I love his pure little mind.
Then we got a call from Christy saying the gang was going to the drive-in movies that night. We took James along and introduced him to the gang. Props to James for not batting an eyelash when introduced to them. Not even when Eric jumped in the puddle or when we all just randomly starting yelling for no reason. My crew is a odd bunch, and you are simply forced to adore them because they are without question some of the finest people ever, but they can be scary the first time you meet them. We watched Hitch (still funny the second time), but when The Pacifier came on, we walked over to the 7-11 for snacks. When we got back we just mentally subsituted the first part of Kindergarten Cop for any plot points we missed, and could follow the movie with no trouble at all. Vin, dearie, don't try to act. Leave that to the children in the movie. Or the duck. Really.
Sunday after church, JR, James and I went for a hike. It was gorgeous weather, a smidge on the muddy side, but a great time was had by all. We saw two rattlesnakes, one was about four feet long and got real mad at being disturbed from his sun bath. (They like to warm themselves in the sun and the hiking trails are the best place for that.) Then we went to dinner with JR's friends and I randomly winked at people in the restaurant. Almost started a fight between a middle aged couple. *giggle*
I should do that more often.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home