Friday, March 04, 2005
Tell, tell.
In the past week, have you had one of those moments where you realized that, in that one moment, you were utterly happy?

I did. Last night I was alone for the evening, JR was off playing tennis with the boys, and I didn't have any errands to run, or kids to babysit, no responsiblity at all. That doesn't happen often.
I made my lunch for the next day, and my dinner for that night, while dancing around to the radio. Bet Weird Neighbor enjoyed that.
Then I poured myself a glass of sangria, and discussed movie choices with my cats. No, I'm not crazy (well, if I am, it's not 'cause of this), they like it. Dulce responds with little mews and Maximus comes over to see what I'm doing. We decided on Beat the Devil, an old Humphrey Bogart film. Then I made a lot of progress on this puzzle I have been working on, it would have been more but Maximus kept trying to 'help'. I fed all my pets and was turning out the lights when I realized that I was utterly happy in that moment. I like that feeling that everything in my care is safe and warm and fed and happy. Then tucked myself into read The Awakening by Kate Chopin (highly reccomend) until I fell asleep.

So, tell, tell, gang. What's a moment in the last week that you felt happy in? Whatever is going on in your life, there has to have been AT LEAST one.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was ice skating today. I just love it! :) That was my happy moment.

Blogger Krystle said...

I would say hanging out with T the other day going to lunch, being silly and jammin' together. That was my best moment all week.

Blogger Minoa said...

i got my evalutaion at work this week, and it went great!
but, i also came to realize that my perspective of my relationships w/ my co-workers has completely changed. one woman in particular who takes pleasure in devouring any new employees (i wasn't strong enough emotionally to handle it, and it spurred my depression). i have been able to take our relationship (from my side) to the friendlier level. she already has (of course, she also does not think that she does anything wrong). but, i am happier with where i am in my office. =) that, and also just reading about how everyone else is happy w/ their lives...i don't know. it just touched me somehow. it's time to accentuate the positive. =)

Blogger Pete said...

When I shaved my head

Blogger Thérèse said...

There was a moment during a conversation I was having with K the other day, when I realized that I have some pretty amazing friends, and although I will miss them very very much when they go, I am lucky to have been a part of their lives, even if I never talk to them again. I remember actually telling you, K, cause I realized that I have nothing bad in my life. At all. Happiness is peace of mind.

Post a Comment

<< Home