Tuesday, March 15, 2005
Morning News
This morning I awoke early, and bounced out of bed, determinded not to read the morning news, but to go out and experience it firsthand. It was early, about 5:45 am, when I started my walk. I got a traffic report from a crow, who cawed a warning as I jogged across the street. A mockingbird song told me the weather would be warm and fair, no fog. A calico cat darted off into the bushes without telling me a single secret, reminding me that there is still danger and mystery in this grand old world. The only thing I read was the page of a book that blew across my path. And last but not least, an old grey tomcat with one ear reminded me that not everyone is as snug and well-fed as me, and we all have to do our part to help.

So keep your newspapers and webpages for one day, it's all the same anyway. My morning news came with a sunrise and some dandylion fluff.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home