Tuesday, March 01, 2005
If Rezzie came to spend a summer with me...........
We would have great stories to tell.

"..... and that's how we got the bartender to bail us out."

".... but if we did that again, we'd need a pogo stick and scotch tape."

"...... and that's why I always carry a dinar and a copy of my phone bill."

".... but luckilly, VJ had thought of that, and had the foresight to bring the extra jell-o we needed, so we didn't have to get naked after all."

We'd get in all the right sorts of trouble.

I think 'Rezzie would break a few hearts.
And I would sit by and look smug.

And one of us would talk the other into a drastic haircut.

And we would sit outside on hot summer nights and stay up way to late, and develop an addiction to some sort of snack that would forever remind us of that summer.

And they guys at the corner mexincan place would know us by our orders.
"Oh, look, it's Rolled Tacos and Extra Guac."

And we would terrify as many strangers as we could.

We would play "we're not from around here" all the time.
"ve are from france and are here on vacazzeon, beecuz we 'eard dat eet was beautiful 'eere."
And they'd be like "Weren't you spanish yesterday" and we would say "noooooo....."

And a whole lot of tourist would go home saying, "We met these insane girls and well, to make a long story short......... we will never eat burritos on a ferris wheel again"

And we would start to look scarily alike.

And JR would shake his head, like, "What did I get myself into?" but a smile would slowly spread across his face, and in his own quiet way he would adore 'Rezzie.

JR would accidentally call 'Rezzie VJ one time and then be very surprised at the mistake but 'Rez and I would laugh.

And by the end of the summer, someone would mistake us for sisters, and we would turn to each other and laugh hysterically, agreeing that we were sisters.

Someone would call me Therese, and I'd be like yep, that's me, and then they'd see me call 'Rez Therese and be confused. And they'd be like, "Which one is Therese?" and we'd slant our eyes and say, "Who wants to know?"
"Did a bartender with scorpian tattoos tell you to ask us?"

And we'd start catching each other's mannerisms, I'd start saying "eh" and 'Rez would start saying "like" and "totally" together.

And we would forget by the end of the summer who's clothes were who's.


1 Comments:

Blogger Thérèse said...

This craziness still cracks me up. I love it.

You know, you're well on your way to convincing me. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home