Friday, February 04, 2005
Today's sense of alertness is undermined by-
This weird stomach thing, possibly acid reflux, that left me spending most of my night in the fetal position on my bathroom rug. For the third time in as many weeks. That's it, I'm going to my doctor. I have a very high pain tolerance, but this is ridiculously painful. And the nausea, and the fact that it seems to be getting worse each time. And I can feel my stomach bloated, like a balloon pushing out of my torso.
Last night I had Pepto Bismo in three different forms, chewable, caplets and liquid. The chewable are the easiest to get down, but leave your tongue black in the morning. Which is harmless, but more than a little freaky.
The Pepsid AC worked with excruciating slowness, but eventually I could get a little sleep.
I couldn't find the Prilosec OTC from last time, must look for that now that I'm capable of standing upright again.
And I must kiss Lovely and Perfect Boyfriend who got out of bed at two AM to run to the drugstore for me and stroke my head and bring me water.


3 Comments:

Blogger SLIBW said...

Yuck. With symptoms that severe, definitely get a doctor’s opinion. If it’s diagnosed as merely acid reflux, however, and prescription drugs are recommended, you might want to try deglycyrrhizinated licorice, also known as DGL, first. It should be available at local health/natural food stores and, at the risk of sounding like a bad infomercial, it worked wonders for me. Just make sure it’s the deglycyrrhizinated version, as straight licorice tablets are no good for you!

Feel better!

Blogger Krystle said...

My dad has acid reflux and of course he had to pass his genes on to me. He takes losec for his. I find it gets a lot worse when I'm stressed (or after a night of fierce drinking). Sometimes he'll give me a losec if I'm in a bad way but they take a while to get into your system.

My BF has a bad stomach too...he takes Zantac (I think that's what its called) and he swears by it.

Hope you feel better soon VJ. :(

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen that Sigourney Weaver movie where the Aliens pop out of everyone's abdomens? Maybe you've been infected with some sort of intergalactic insectoid-thingy.

Tums won't help with that.

Sigourney had to use futuristic pallet-jack to get rid of those little beasties. I'd forget the trip to the doctor and head straight to Home Depot.

Post a Comment

<< Home