Tuesday, February 22, 2005
My Poor Little Lou
This weekend had the setup, the ingredients for perfection. I had Lou all weekend, and the randomness and craziness flowed freely. We went to the movies in our pjs. We slid around the slick mall floors in our slippers. While driving around, we would pull up next to people at intersections and Lou would take a picture of them, then we speed away. We drag raced and won. We watched silly movies, and ate nothing but junk food. And disturbing amounts of candy. My teeth almost fell out.
Then after church on Sunday, I had to go to a meeting, so Lou headed over to Coco's house for a few hours.
That's when I got the phone call from her mother.
Lou's grandfather had killed himself.
In the same manner Lou's father killed himself just five years ago.
Her mother was trying to fly back, but was snowed-in in Denver, so it fell to me to tell Lou.
Now don't get me wrong, Lou's a strong kid. A smart one surrounded by people who love and adore her.
But it INFURIATES me that she's been put through this.
Being put through this by someone who knows what this would do to her. By someone who should have died to protect her, not killed himself and hurt her.
I'm sure in some way she's losing her father all over again.
And I'm IRATE that three (count, one, two, THREE people!) have looked at her and murmured, "I guess it runs in the family." If I hear one more person say that in the remote vicinity of little Lou, I WILL sock them in the face.
And Lou, if you're reading, you know how I said that the rest of the weekend we would just revolve around you and what you wanted, and if you wanted to cry, we would cry, and if you wanted to laugh, we would laugh, and if you wanted a pony, I would get it? That's still stands for a while.
Whatever you need, Lou-Lou.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The music you have on this blog just doesn't quite go with this post.

Blogger Jesster said...

You will both be in my thoughts. Do take good care....**hugs**

Post a Comment

<< Home