Monday, February 14, 2005
Letter to JR

 Posted by Hello

Whenever I write you a love letter, I feel I must strike a delicate balance between expressing how much good you have brought to my life, and reminding you that you are too good for me.
If I write about all the times you've bailed my sorry ass out, then you might just realize what a raging incompetant I really am. (If you didn't already know.) The times you've mopped up my messes, or my tears. The times you've remembered to actually put the check to the electric company IN THE OUTGOING MAILBOX. With a stamp, no less. The times you've acted like the adult when I just wanted to pull the covers over my head and whimper. For always having the key to my apartment in hand by the time we get to the door, while I'm still fumbling in a purse full of old paystubs that I've never gotten around to taking out. For making me dinner on nights I would have just defrosted a frozen burrito (and gotten my month's reccomended allowance of salt in one sitting). For cleaning my apartment while I'm off having fun.

See, right now, I'm sure you're thinking, "Yeah, I do all that. Why don't I find a woman that's a bit less trouble?"

Truth is, I don't know why you don't. But I suspect it has something to do with the fact that after a year and a half, I still get butterflies in my stomach when you come in the room. That I still love slipping my hand into yours when we are out, and nodding to people as if to say, "Yeah, he's with ME." That I don't just love you, I have a raging schoolgirl crush on you. I wanna doodle your name all over my desk calender. In short, no woman will ever love you, want to snuggle with you, or grab you by the ears and kiss you, as much as I will. I hope the fact that you are still here proves that all that love makes it worth it to you.

You are my favorite thing. Ever. You have managed to exceed my expectations in every way. You are kinder, more thoughtful and more loving than any Prince Charming I could have ever dreamed up. And I have a good imagination. Just when I think you couldn't be any sweeter, you are. You are perfect for me, in every way, and I intend to deserve you.


1 Comments:

Blogger SG said...

Awwww- that is so sweet!
Just noticed I posted the same card (cardboard box) on my blog... Weird!
Happy Valentine's Day, honey!

Post a Comment

<< Home