Wednesday, February 16, 2005
Al Capone's Vault has nothing on this. This is ............... really boring. Really.
I have decided to make a list of everything in my purse, for a couple reasons.

A. Men seem mystified by women's purses. My own boyfriend won't open it even if I ask him to grab something out of it for me.

B. I like lists.

C. It's a big purse, and I haven't cleaned it out in awhile, so even I don't know what all is in there.

D. I love rumaging through people's wallets or purses (ONLY with permission, of course!) and seeing all the little details of people's daily life. Your life story is in there, I just know it.

Side Pocket 1

Cell Phone, named Luca, which has scratch and sniff rose stickers on it.
Work Badge/Electronic Key to work. With stickers on it. Again with the stickers, I'm such a child. But the one that says "Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again" makes me giggle.
One phone card.

Front Pocket 1

One small tin of mints that my company hands out as a promotional item. Very strong, small pills that look as though they should be sold in baggies at a rave.

Front Pocket 2

One broken candy cane and one orange Starburst candy.

Side Pocket 2

One notecard with envelope and my father's business card. I forgot to send him a thank you note for my birthday present. Oops.

One black barrette with rinestones.

One tube of lipstick (Yes, Jonny) "RoseBarely".

One tube of chapstick, Avon's Dew Kiss, the best chapstick EVER.

One tube of oral analgesic paste (for a pesky wisdom tooth that the dentist doesn't want to remove just yet).

Tweezers. Never go anywhere without them.

Nail clippers.

Inside Pocket

Avon's Mira-Cuticle cream. I highly reccomend.

Another tube of lipstick, (I almost never wear it) Avon's Tender Peach. Slightly melted. Damn warm climate.

Avon's Slick Tints in Glossy Opal. Yeah, I'm an avon junkie.

In My Wallet

Phone number of another youth leader at my church.

Three photos of JR (yes, Jonny).

My drivers license. Odd picture. I look a bit like a mad dog. A young mad dog. Once a cop pulled behind JR and I while we were parked at a lake and asked to see our ID's. He almost hauled JR away because he thought my license was a fake and that I was lying about my age. Admittedly, if I put my hair in a ponytail and wear a t-shirt, I look all of 12 years old. Other people have made that mistake.

One small florist card from JR that came with flowers he had delivered here.

One note from JR. No, I will not tell you what it says.

The Idaho drivers license of a hispanic man name Jesus. When I worked in the mall, back in the day, I had a female stalker that would come into the store for like 6 hours at a time. If it was my day off, she would leave presents for me, strange ones. This was one of them. Oddly enough, I miss her. Sort of.

My health insurance card, and a business card for my doctor. I like her, she's a good listener.

Discount cards for Vons Grocery, Albertson's Grocery, Ralphs Grocery, Petco Pet Shop and a Starbucks gift card. No idea how much is on it.

A Border Cafe Frequent Drinker Card. That sounds wrong. Seven more coffees until my free one.

A Subway card. One more stamp until I get my free 6 in. sub.

Tropifruit card. Great smoothies. 7 more purchases of $5+ and I get a free torta.

Coupon for a free slice of pie at Marie Callenders.

$100 Gift Certificate for Ciao Bella's Spa. Not to be confused with Ciao Bella's Resturant, which is better than a facial any day.

Recipt from Albert's Taco Shop (on the corner near my house) for two orders of rolled tacos. Yummmmmmmmm.

$1013 in cash. Don't ask, it's a long story, I don't usually carry that kind of cash. Or announce that I'm carrying that much cash on the internet. Good call, VJ.

In the Main Compartment

Two paycheck stubs.

One recipt for kitty litter from Vons.

One letter from my Gramie Dude with pictures. Including one of my aunt's cat. I love my Gramie. Both of my Gramies, really.

One flyer for the day trip we are taking the kids on to Mt. Jacinto. Hiking, but with a gift shop, so boys and girls are both happy.

Two 1 week passes to a local gym.

My small green leather planner with includes notes like "Remember to write stuff down in me!". On the cover is a post-it with my Gramie Darlin's number on it, and inside is a phone card with Sven and Pete's numbers on them.

Five CDs, The Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady, Garden State soundtrack, Dido - Life For Rent, Robert Downey Jr - The Futurist, and Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown.

One TRN - "Sweet Liar" by Jude Deveraux. Don't tell.

One box of 10 Crayola Markers, classic colors. Shut up.

A small cosmetic bag with Intense Moisturizing Cream, Oil-Free Make-Up Remover, Oil-Free Hydrating Gel and Indulge Soothing Eye Gel, all sent by my Gramie Dude who is trying to convert me from Avon to Mary Kay.

Small bag of Lundens cough drops, wild cherry flavor.

Small change purse, shaped like a turtle. Named Reggie, with $0.87 inside. And a small ring from a quarter machine.

Small stuffed blue walrus, named Walter. To keep Reggie company.

One blue hairbrush, with my phone earpiece cord caught in the bristles.

One silver eyeglass holder, used to hide my tampon stash. What? You had to have known that was coming.

A tiny notebook where I jot down ideas to blog about. Obviously there's nothing new in it today, or I wouldn't be writing this post.

A blue origami swan made by one of my kidlets.

One set of keys. The teeth of the keys all face in one direction, and are in order of size. I have one old skeleton key that I bought at Arcitechtural Salvage, a Sebastian the crab (from The Little Mermaid) keychain and a lobster keychain that Lou gave me.

One bottle of nail polish. "Femme" by Avon. Deep, deep red, almost brown.

One lipstick case that actually holds Q-Tips.

Three packets of Pepto-Bismol tablets.

One roll of adhesive tape, the sort used to hold bandages on.

One small pin tin with goldenseal tablets and a leftover Vicodin from when I broke my butt.

Five ballpoint pens, one red, the rest black. I used them on Sundays to hand out to my kidlets in church. One pen with a Santa Claus on top, that was a gift from JR. One wooden and painted, that Anna brought me back from Russia, one green calligraphy pen and one red marker, scented like cherry.

I also have two scented pencils (cherry and cinnamon) that I bought and don't, ah, intend to anyone that reads this. What? I don't know what you are talking about. What pencils? Who are you?

One plastic lighter, dark blue.

One pad of pink heart shaped post-its.

One empty Altoid Tin.

One sugar packet.

Two Band-Aids.

One small baggie with 11 bobbie pins and one safety pin in it.











Anyone still reading this?




If you are, make a list of the contents of your purse or wallet.


5 Comments:

Blogger Sven said...

Wow...how big is this handbag, seriously?

Blogger beaky said...

You have got a massive bag. Mine only has about 5 things in it!

Blogger Thérèse said...

There's no way that's a purse.

Handbag, yes. Purse, no way.

Blogger Unknown said...

Surely a woman's bag is the only place no man is allowed in. I never even touch my wife's handbag. For all I know she has a murder weapon in there ! :-|

Anyway I took up your challenge and made a list of my own on my blog. Unfortunately I don't have a handbag, or should I say fortunately I don't. And if I had to make a list of my purse "wallet" it would be very short list, so I thought of the next best thing. My Desk, I even included a photo. Have a look and tell me what you think.

Blogger babblingdweeb said...

OMG...are you serious? I think that was a 10-day hike backpack...

Post a Comment

<< Home