Monday, January 31, 2005
Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey
Chapter One - Friday Night - Sweet Anna and the Time Capsule Carpeting

Friday night we took our Jr. High kidlets ice skating. That is to say that we tried to. Unfortunately the rink double booked and we arrived to find a hockey game in full swing. I just about had to peel sweet little Anna (who had made all the arrangements for our evening) off the rink manager. She was NOT happy. "I'VE GOT TWENTY-FIVE KIDS OUTSIDE AND YOU'RE TELLING ME I CAN'T LET THEM SKATE? WHERE DO I TAKE THEM NOW? CAN I TAKE THEM TO YOUR HOUSE? I WANT THAT PERSON I BOOKED WITH FIRED!!!!!!!!!!"
After I managed to get Anna outside and slightly less shrill (poor thing, she really had had a rough day), she, the other leaders and I decided to take the kids to an arcade. The arcade is in a building that once (back in my childhood) housed a movie theater. Of course the building was gutted and remodeled, but interestingly, the carpet was the same carpet I remember being there when I was a kid and went there to watch Oliver and Company (with stuffed animal Oliver tucked under my arm). I, of course, monopolized a skeeball lane the whole time. My tickets won me one paper fan, one deck of tiny playing cards, a small green plastic bear, one yellow bouncy ball (Maximus likes them), and twelve small plastic dinosaurs. So if anyone wants to come over and play dinosaurs with me, let me know.

Chapter Two - Saturday - How I Avoided Doing Dishes and Why JR Took His Dog to the Vet. Twice.

Saturday morning I dodged even looking at the sinkfull of dishes by going to Bunny's house and helping her arrange picture frames while JR took his dog Keno to the vet for his vaccinations. Then we met up and went shopping. First Ikea to look at beds for JR. Then an early dinner at Chevy's. Bless that sweet hostess, who for some reason seated us right away even though other people where already waiting, and gave us the best table in the place, right by the fireplace.
Then we went to Fashion Valley Mall to shop for clothes for JR. He looks so yummy in these and these that I talked him into buying two and four of them, respectively.
Fell in love with these. I think I will go back and buy both the tumblers and the shot glasses.
Then we headed back to JR's to pick up a movie to watch at my place. When we got there, we found that poor Keno was having an allergic reaction to his vaccinations and his poor face was swelling up like a ballon. He had thrown up and was already having trouble breathing, so we rushed him to the 24-hour emergency vet's office, where he had to get more shots, poor thing. The shot helped and when we took him home, he slept the deep sleep of a puppy after a long day.

Chapter Three - Sunday - Shadow Puppets and Trampolines

Sunday morning, in the continuing effort to avoid the dishes in the sink (I know, that's bad.) I cleaned almost every other thing in my apartment. Then off to church where I noticed that I could make shadow puppets with the projector. I suggested to Karen that just to mix it up a little, we teach the entire lesson with shadow puppets speaking. When Karen told me that we would be discussing sex that day, I said, "Are you SURE you don't want to teach the lesson standing back here making shadow puppets talk? For all our sakes?"
Then after church, I had AWANA Olympics pratice. For those of you who don't know what that means, AWANA is a club for kids where they do a lot of scripture memorization, volunteer work and learn life skills. To lighten it up a little, we play a lot of games, on a game square. Think track and field on a small scale. Races, relays, that sort of thing. And once a year, all the clubs in the area get together and compete with each other, the AWANA Olympics. I've got the 3rd-6th grade girls. They have so much energy, it's exhausting to watch. Twice I wanted to sit down during practice while they were running. We have a pretty decent team. And they are all as cute as bugs. I'm going to try to find some blue stripey knee high toe socks for them all to wear with their shorts.
I'm so proud of all my girls. I have two pairs of sisters, and it's fun to encourage them to work as a team. Victoria and Sammy are so little and so determind to do every event. Mila and Ariel are really strong on the relay events because they are concentrating so hard.
I won't bore you with an analysis of each of them, so anyway..........
After that, we went to James's college graduation party. After stuffing myself on the buffet (James, your mother is a wonderful cook, I meant to tell her that), I begged Aaron and JR bounce me on the trampoline until their knees gave out. Tee-hee. I really am that easily amused. I want a trampoline. I wonder if I took all the furniture out of my living room if I could fit one there. Hmmmmmm. Maybe I'll rent one and do that for a party. I learned that my boyfriend isn't a bad pool player (how did I not know that?), and that he looks scrumptious playing in his new jeans.
Then I went home and finally did my dishes. Ok, JR did them and I just dried. Some of them. Shut up. You're just jealous that you don't have a boyfriend that does dishes and looks yummy in jeans.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home