Monday, January 10, 2005
Today's Ideal Soundtrack
Would include the following songs in no particular order -

Insensitive by Jann Arden
How do you cool your lips
After a summer's kiss?
How do you rid the sweat
After the body bliss?
How do you turn your eyes
From the romantic glare?
How do you block the sound of the voice
You'd know anywhere?


Fields of Gold by Sting
You'll remember me
When the west wind moves
Amoung the fields of barley
You'll forget the sun
In it's jealous sky
When we walked in
Fields of Gold


Lonesome Road by James Taylor
Walk down that lonesome road
All by yourself
Don't turn your head
Back over your shoulder
And only stop to rest yourself
When the silver moon
Is shining high
Above the trees


Sara Smile by Hall & Oats
It's you and me forever
Sara, smile
Won't you smile awhile
For me, Sara


Southern Cross by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
We got 80 feet of waterline
Nicely making waves
From a noisy bar in Abalone
I tried to call you
But on the midnight watch I realized
Why twice you ran away
Think about how many times
I have fallen
Spirits are using me
Larger voices callin'
What heaven taught you and me
Cannot be forgotten


Know You by Heart by Eva Cassidy
Midnights in winter
Glowing fire
Lights up your face in orange and gold
I see your sweet smile
Shine through the darkness
It's line is etched in my memory

So I'd know you by heart

When You Say Nothing at All by Allison Krause
The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best
When you say nothing at all


Blessed by Martina MacBride
I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed


We Danced Anyway by Deana Carter
Summer air was heavy and sweet
You and I on a crowded street
There was music everywhere
I can see us there
In a happy little foreign town
Where the stars shone upside down

Half a world away

Life for Rent by Dido
It's just a thought
Only a thought
But if my life is for rent
And I don't learn to buy
Then I deserve nothing more than what I get
Because nothing I have is truly mine


Easy Tonight by a band who's name I'm drawing a blank on
You were wrong
And you were right
And you are gone
Tonight
And you were free
So alive
You were wrong
You were right
And you were down
And you could see
And you wore hearts
For me
And you were sharp
As sharp as knives
You were wrong
And you were right


Nature Boy by David Bowie
There was a boy
A very strange enchanted boy
They say he wandered very far
Very far
Over land and sea
A little shy and sad am I
And very wise was he
And then one day
One magic day
He passed my way
And while we spoke of many things
Fools and kings
And this he said to me
The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved in return


Freshman by the Verve
For the life of me
I can not remember
What made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise
For the life of me
I can believe we'd ever die for these sins
We were merely freshman


Angel by Sarah McLachlan
Spend all your life waiting
For that second chance
For a break that would make it ok
Always some reason to feel not good enough
And it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
Oh, beautiful release
Memories seep from my veins
I may be empty
They're weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight
In the arms of the angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you feel
You are pulled the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
In the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here


Back to LA by Beth Hart
She hangs around the blvd
She's a local girl
With local scars
She got home late
She got home late
She drank so hard the bottle ached
And she tried
And she tried
And she tried
And she tried
But nothing's clear in a bar full of flies.
She's so ashamed
She's so ashamed
She knows heaven don't want her anyway
She leaves a note
By the phone
Don't leave a message 'cause this ain't no home
And she cried
And she cried
And she cried
And she cried
She cried so long her tears ran dry




I'm in a bit of mood today, as you can probably tell from the music choices. Not sure why. I'm sick and it's raining, but I'm not as depressed as it would sound. Just feeling pensive would be the word, I guess.


2 Comments:

Blogger MooCow said...

The band you can't think of is "Five for fighting."

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Gracias, MooCow.

Post a Comment

<< Home