Wednesday, January 26, 2005
This is going to be WAAAAAAAYYYY too much fun.
So the AWANA program has it's annual AWANA Olympic Games, where clubs from all over the county complete in AWANA games. I am helping to coach the 3rd and 4th grade girls. I must admit I am far more preoccupied with buying blue hair ribbons and hair glitter than coaching, but girls that age just wanna have a good time anyway.
Since we will be competing as the Blue Team, I'm thinking I will do a 'Blue Angels' theme, paint little glittery wings on the back of their shirts, maybe make little halos to wear. Girls that age will let you do just about anything to them as long as it's girly and involves glitter. I learned that from an old dance teacher.
We need a cheer. Maybe I'll go watch "That's So Raven" or something for inspiration.
I'm enjoying this way too much.
But Sunday we have to cut three girls from the team. That should take some of the fun out of it.


2 Comments:

Blogger Melina said...

Oh so much fun! I wish you had posted this earlier I could've mailed you out part of my Halloween costume from a few years back. I made a lovely shirt with blue glitter and rhinestones with the word "Angel" emblazoned on it. It would've been perfect for the leader of the Blue Angels!

Blogger Sven said...

'scuse ignorance but what is AWANA?

Post a Comment

<< Home