Monday, December 20, 2004
Weekend Update With Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey
Ok, for starters, I probably won't be posting much for a couple of weeks, because I broke my middle finger and took about six minutes just to write this sentence. I feel like I've had my mouth taped shut. And if you know me, you know that's a fate worse than death. So maybe I'll just overuse that audio blog thing. Stupid finger. Ok, so Friday night we had the Christmas party/Broomball for the kids. The party was great and then at about 11 PM we took them to the ice rink for Broomball. Broomball is basically just like hockey, except you just wear sneakers out on the ice, instead of skates and you play with sticks shaped like brooms. And no other gear or padding. If you are thinking that this is a recipe for injury, you are absolutely right. If a kid falls on the ice, I tell them to just stay down on the ice until everything is numb before trying to get up. At one point a little 73 lbs 11 year old slid into my knees and in trying not to land on her I fell wrong and landed on my hand wrong. SNAP! I stood up and said to one of the other adults, "I just broke my finger." He said, "Oh, no, you didn't break your finger. If you had broken your finger you would be screaming right now." So I said, "Ok, how's this? I JUST BROKE MY FINGER!!!!!!!!!!!" I hate it when people don't take me seriously just because I'm calm and rational. But even with the broken finger, the kidlets and I had fun spinning and dancing on the ice. The next day, Sat. was pretty lazy because JR came over and ten minutes later threw up. Poor guy was sick all weekend. So I got to make him toast and bring him soda and tuck him in on the couch. He's so cute when he's sick. Poor thing. Sat. night we (Travis, Laura, Bashar, Sal, JR and I) had planned a BBQ. Of course JR wasn't up to it, so I left him on my couch and went back to check on him every once in a while. I know, I'm a horrible girlfriend. But it was Sal's 'going away for a few weeks' party and I hated to waste all that delicious meat that Bashar was cooking. Yeah, I'm still a horrible girlfriend. I know. We had a great time, huddled around the grill in the center of the complex, laughing, eating kabobs and licking our, nd in one case, each other's fingers. Then on Sunday after church, I took Coco, Shannon and Lindsey home with me for a while. We ate nachos and played Candyland, then I got the bright idea that we should all jump in the pool in our clothes. It was warm out, so it seemed like a good idea, but it was FREEZING! I jumped first, with some help from Shannon, and the minute my toe hit the water, I realized what a bad, BAD idea it was. I was clawing the air like a cat, trying to get out the way I went in. As I was coming up, I could see the girls jumping in and I shouted "No!", but it was too late. We bounced out of the water almost as fast as we jumped in. Brrrrrrrr! Then Lindsey had to leave, sadly. Then we went upstairs to dry off, taking about 12 gallons of pool water with us to drip on the carpet. I decked them out in old mismatched pjs to dry off and then Coco get the idea to add to the ensembles as much wackiness as we could manage. She ended up in a pink t-shirt with a orange halter top over it with a fake diamond pin on it, blue pj bottoms with yellow stars on them, a white belt and orange flip-flops. Shannon modeled blue velor pants, with a black belt slung low, a black botton-down top with a lime green tank top over it, and a big red silk scarf around her shoulders. I was rocking light blue velor pants with a pink stripe down the side, my white flannel pj top with red kisses all over it, and a red knee length skirt with a chiffon underskirt that sticks out over the pants, a fur wrap around my shoulders and one big hoop earring. We looked beautiful, if I do say so myself. I think we really scared Bashar. Then we skipped down to the 7-11 on the corner. People were staring and honking, we were waving and laughing. We danced into the 7-11, model-strutted down the aisles and saw-shayed up to the register, ending with an arabesque pose. The clerk never batted an eyelash. I guess he's had weirder people come in.
Then we came back discussed doing a play 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' dressed like we were dressed. And that every act or so, I would yell switch and everyone would switch roles. This drama club is going to be fun. We worked on our Steward from Mad TV impressions. "Look what I can do!" Vanessa, my neighbor, brought Tilly, my little two-year old red-haired neighbor, over. She's too cute for words. I'm going to keep her, I swear. Then I ran the girls home, and stopped by Bunny's house to pick up my birthday present. That dear woman knows me so well. She got me adorable dishes, that go beautifully with the ones I have, keeping the mix and match look I was going for. They are perfect and very friendly dishes. Don't ask me how dishes can be friendly. They just can, and if you don't know that, I can't explain. I ran Jessica, Bunny's daughter, to a party on Mt. Helix, it was a beautiful drive and we only got lost twice.
Poor Bashar was saying in the afternoon that he was feeling sick, so when I got home I went to check on him and he's seemed to be feeling better. Poor thing, to be sick and alone in an apartment with no one to fuss over you. Then I went home and JR, my poor sick boyfriend, (am I spreading something?) came over and we made pasta and snuggled until we were both half asleep and then he tucked me in and left. So ended a great weekend.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home