Thursday, December 16, 2004
Velvet Tornado
The sum total of 1 cat + 1 cat is not 2 cats, as you would expect. And they are both spayed/neutered, so it's not 16 cats either. The sum is not a number. It's an ACT OF GOD.
Let me explain. See, it used to be that when I went to bed at night, Maximus would look around and realize that he had no one to play with, so he'd sleep too. Now he has someone to play tag all around the apartment with, ALL NIGHT LONG. When I wake up in the morning, all my rugs are at the opposite ends of the apartment, like they've been riding them like magic carpets across the kitchen. I found one shoe in my bedroom under my bed and the other in the living room. All night I hear things falling down, and think to myself, "It didn't sound like anything broke, so I don't have to get up, do I?" When I come home from work at night, they are curled up together and look up at me with their little velvet angel faces.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home