Wednesday, December 15, 2004
My mistaken intervention
Once, when I was in high school, innocently acing a history test, I got a note from the principal to report to the office immediatly. I went, wondering why on earth they wanted to talk to me. I get to his office and find the principle, the vice principle and one of the department heads, all sitting around, smiling at me. I sat down and said,
"Um, why did you guys want to see me?"
"Sarah, how are you?"
"I'm good. But what's up? Surely you didn't pull me out of a test to say hi."
"Do you feel a lot of pressure from the tests, Sarah?"
"No, not really. I studied. It's just that the last time I got called to the office it was to tell me that my brother had been taken to the hospital. So did someone die?"
"Do you want your family to die, Sarah?"
"Nooooooo, what is this?"
"You look stressed, Sarah."
"Well, yeah, now I am."
After about ten more minutes of that, I finally got out of them that a student had come to them saying I had threatened to kill myself. What that well-intentioned student had actually heard were my plans to transfer to another class. Took me another half an hour to convince them.


1 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

Post a Comment

<< Home