Wednesday, November 24, 2004
What I'm really greatful for this Thankgiving.
Dear Heavenly Father,

I would like to thank you for JR. No other person or thing has added more to my joy in this past year. You really knew what You where doing when You crossed our paths. I'm grateful that he is infinatly kind and honest. I'm grateful that he is good with money and patient in helping me better manage mine. I'm glad that he's a good cook and has soft hands that touch me like I'm a rare and valuable object. Mostly I grateful that he loves me back.

I'm grateful for rolling luggage.

I'm grateful that my car has a blinker that sounds like the pop of a Snapple lid, instead of an annoying 'ping, ping'.

I'm grateful that I'm pretty enough to clean up well, but not so pretty that I must be suspect of all males being around me for the wrong reasons.

I'm grateful for my friend Bunny. I blunder along, trying to be a good friend, trying to say the right thing and be supportive at the right moments, while she has an uncanny sense of when I need to be hugged, questioned or given a cup of tea. She's far more skilled at friendship than I, and I'm lucky to have her.

I'm grateful to live in a country of wealth and plenty. I can afford any kind of food I want to eat, a luxury many do not have.

I'm grateful for tweezers.

I'm grateful for a cat that purrs me to sleep every night.

I'm grateful for the warm feeling I get when I come home to a full fridge, a soft couch and all my books lined up on shelves like a recieving line of old friends.

I'm grateful for my junior highers. They make me laugh until it feels like they are there to do me some good, not the other way around.

I'm grateful for my job. I sit in front of a phone, an computer and a bowl of candy. I'm paid to chat with people. My boss is a kind and fair man. I have health and dental insurance at almost no cost to myself.

I'm grateful to have known pain and lonelines, so that I know I'm capable of surviving them and to appreciate the happiness and peace I now know.

I'm grateful for my church, who's staff and members really invested into me love and concern at a time in my life that not many would have considered me a good bet. They showed me that not all Christians are hypocritical, repressed, judgemental or unhappy. They showed me firsthand that God is glorified to the extent that we are satisfied in Him.

I'm grateful for JR's dog Keno's little white puppy paws, wet nose and plush ears.

I'm grateful for the fact that I'm healthy enough to work, walk and sleep.

I'm grateful for all my friends who have become a family to me.

Help me to live my gratitude more openly every day.

Amen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home