Monday, November 15, 2004
Things to love about my Postage Stamp
1. Nary a roommate to be found. None of their hair on the bathroom floor, and no one to consult about artwork on the living room walls. (I think I'll paint something cubist/impressionist myself.)

2. Tilly. She's two, redheaded, lives next door and introduced herself by walking up and holding out her hand to grab mine. She walked me around and showed me all the good stuff in the complex, like the wrought iron gate and the painted rocks in the garden. I have a feeling Tilly and I will get along fine.

3. The closet. My old closet was tiny. My new closet is big enough to do the hokey-pokey in. And yes, I do know that for a fact.

4. Having an entire fridge to myself.

5. Travis and Laura, the apartment managers. Travis is into mountain biking like JR, and Laura has many types of tea I haven't tried yet and she loves to share.

6. The view from my bedroom window is of Mt. Helix, which looks lovely at sunset.

7. The ugly air conditioning unit that sticks out the front wall is easily covered up by, and is a the perfect spot for, my planter. (Which holds Ike, my Ikea rescue, amoung others plants)

8. The kitchen window, which comes down so low that Maximus simply stands on his hind feet and leans his front feet on the sill, which is the cutest thing you've ever seen. (I'll post pictures)

9. Having the perfect corner to put the pulpit into to use it as a writing desk. (yes, I own a pulpit, and I will post pictures soon to explain how it is used as a writing desk.)

10. It's mine, all mine and no one will ever make(*) me move unless I want to!

*of course barring the possibility that I stop paying rent or start a meth lab in the kitchen.


5 Comments:

Blogger Sven said...

A pulpit writing desk? That is so COOOOOOOOOL.

Can I have it?

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

No, the shipping costs would kill me. Plus, no. It's mine.

Blogger Sven said...

Can...Jonny have it?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

No. Because no. Just no. Well......... no.

Post a Comment

<< Home