Monday, November 22, 2004
Fun Things to Do In DC (my tribute to Zoe's Blog)
A couple of years back I decided to fly out to DC to visit my friend Josh, who had recently moved there, and my brother who had previously lived out in DC for a year while he was sixteen and working as Congressional Page decided to come with me.

Confuse Club Titles

We were in Dupont Circle one night and we went to a place we thought was called Xando's. (Zoe is laughing right now, I'm sure.) We had such a great time that we told a few other people that we met that there was this great place called Xando's, but no one had heard of it. We were like, "How could you miss it? It's right on the circle, it's huge, and it's very busy." Josh called me a few weeks later to tell me that he had found out it was actually called X and O's.

Stand in the Reflecting Pool

And watch park security come out of the woodwork. Appearently you aren't supposed to do that.

Twirl in the Cherry Trees

A storm came swoping in very quickly, and the pressure dropped and the wind picked up. The wind was pulling the cherry blossom petals off the trees and whirling them around us like snow. What could we do but dance?

"Blond" and flatter your way onto your plane home after losing your ticket

"Oh, I needed that piece of paper? Silly me, I thought it was a reciept. You're like the head of every around here, aren't you, and you're smart and you've got this big important (slight pause) computer. Isn't there something you can do?"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home