Wednesday, October 27, 2004
So sad.....
PDB Obituary
It is with the saddest heart that I pass on the following. Please join mein remembering a great icon.The Pillsbury Dough boy died yesterday of a yeast infection andcomplications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was only 71. Dough boywas buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned outto pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, theCalifornia Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies and CaptainCrunch.The grave site was piled high with flours, as long-time friend Aunt Jemimadelivered the eulogy, describing Dough boy as a man who never knew howmuch he was kneaded. Dough boy rose quickly in show business but his laterlife was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie,wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a littleflaky at times, he even still, as a crusty old man, was considered a rollmodel for millions. Toward the end it was thought that he would riseagain, but alas, he was no tart.Dough boy is survived by his wife, Play Dough, two children, John Doughand Jane Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by hiselderly father, Pop Tart. The funeral was held at 3:50 for about twentyminutes.


5 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

I'm already sorry I inflicted this post on you.

Blogger Sven said...

lol made me laugh anyway.

Scary about this 'Prophet Bob' guy, seriously. It just.....nnngggh...agh. No, there are no words.

I am a Christian but get really, really tired of 'God told me..., God told me...' etc etc. It ends up giving God such a bad press and is so open to abuse and control it's incredible.

Am I being presumptuous? Apologies if so.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

No, Sven I totally agree with you. As a woman of faith I resent the controlling hypocrites that give us such a bad name.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Thanks you guys! I can always use the prayer, and thanks for being so encouraging. Like Matthew pointed out, at least I'm not still a child and have to live with them, so I should be grateful there.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

One of those types that when confornted with the consequences of their bad choices will see no connection to their own actions and lament that "God is testing them"?

Post a Comment

<< Home