Thursday, October 14, 2004
The Fall 2004 Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends.
Welcome to the Fall 2004 edition of getting to know your friends. Name: Sarah Barrick

1. What time do you get up? 5:45 to 6-ish AM

2. If you could eat lunch with one person, who would it be? Robert Fulghum. Or Gandhi.

3. Gold or Silver? I'm all into copper right now.

4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I can't remember seeing anything since 'Suspect Zero'.

5. What is your favorite TV show(s)? I'm boycotting TV since 'Friends' ended. Just kidding. I rarely have time to watch TV, but when I do, I'll turn on Turner Classic Movies or E! or BBC America. I keep meaning to watch that show 'Lost' on ABC, but I haven't gotten around to finding out what time it's on.

6. What do you have for breakfast? If I'm lucky enough to have the time, I go to Country Comfort in El Cajon on Chase and Avocado. I get the sirloin strips with sauteed mushrooms, scrambled eggs, country fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy. Top it off with some grapefruit juice and some coffee. I eat it all. It's going to be the death of me someday.

7. Who would you hate to be stuck in a room with? Gotta go with John on this one, anyone with too much ego, and I also couldn't deal with someone with too many opinions.

8. What/Who inspires you? People.

9. What is your middle name? Anne

10. Beach, city, or country? That's the nice part about San Diego, is that you don't really have to chose. You've got it all within a half-hour drive. But if I had to pick just one, I'd have to go with country.

11. Favorite ice cream(s)? Rainbow Sherbet, peach sorbet

12. Butter, plain, or salted popcorn? Easy on the salt, but swimming in butter. Doing lazy little backstrokes in butter. I know, between that and breakfast, I'm going to die of a heart attack.

13. Favorite color? Green

14. What kind of car do you drive? '05 Ford Focus Sedan (none of that hatchback nonsense), white, stick shift, four door. I've named her Gwen.

15. Favorite Sandwich? Tuna on sourdough with onions, pickles and black olives. It's a wonder my boyfriend will kiss me.

16. Favorite Flower? White roses and lilies are nice, but if I had to chose just one, I'd go with Sweet Peas. They've been my favorite since I was a little girl and I would wear them in my hair.

18. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
We would start out in late spring. We would buy an Airstream trailer and spend the summer touring america in search of the dinner with the best chicken strips and mashed potatoes. We would visit as many random, untouristy spots as we could find. Then we would fly to London, spend a week or two in the British Isles, buying wool sweaters and watching a sunrise at Stonehenge. Then we would buy a rail pass around Europe. See if the beer in Belgium really is the best, if the fall leaves in Paris really are better than the spring flowers, if Prague's bridges are as lovely as I've heard. I would spend Christmas in Vienna, at the Vienna Opera House. And New Years in Rome, laughing in a restaurant with new friends that don't speak english. I would wear a warm scarf and feed the pigeons in front of a church in Portofino. Then we would buy a yacht and sail the Mediterranean, stopping to buy out an entire turkish bazaar, to be thrown off the sphinx for trying to climb it, spend an afternoon looking for a undiscovered tomb and to get a tattoo of a cat in Eygpt, to study the architecture in Morocco, and to take a picture of myself, tanned, on the bow of our yacht with the Rock of Gibraltar in the background. We would sail around Africa to Cape Verde where we would land and I would buy a parrot who would spend the rest of the trip on my shoulder. We would send the crew on to meet us around the Cape at Mozambique. We would backpack out to Mali with good cameras and some lion repellent (they make that, right? :) ) and then head down through central Africa to South Africa. Along the way I would get something pierced or stretched while JR looks on with that expression that says 'I love you, but you're insane'. Then up the coast to Mozambique, back on the boat and sail over to India, where we would trade the boat for a good Range Rover. I would buy sari's in every color of the rainbow and head up through India to Nepal, China, and Mongolia, staying with local families whenever possible and watching a Mongolia horse race. Then to Russia, just to say that I've seen a Russian winter and to buy one of those wooden dolls that have smaller dolls inside. (Does anyone know what those are called? I've asked everyone I know and they all know what I mean but no one seems to know that they are called.) Then back down to Japan to buy dried squid and Hello Kitty hair clips. Resist the urge to put the Hello Kitty hair clips in JR's hair while he sleeps. Then down the coast to Vietnam and Brunei. Spend a few weeks on a beach hut in Thailand. Ride an elephant. If at all possible, buy a little elephant and have it shipped home. (While JR looks on with that 'I love you, but you're cleaning it's cage' look and I give him the 'I gave in on the camel and the mongolian horse, now let me have my elephant' look). Then on to Australia. Spend a few nights in the outback with an aboriginal guide. Witness a thunderstorm if possible. Buy JR one of those rugged looking hats and tell him how sexy he looks in it while he's sits there, still shaking his head and muttering to himself, 'I can't believe she bought an elephant'. Watch him cheer up when I buy him a boomerang and point out all the fun he can have driving his 'fetch-crazy' dog insane with it. Then hope a plane to Chile. Buy a jeep. Head down to the cape, eating argentinian beef and riding horses. Then head up to Brazil. Stick one toe in the Amazon so that when I get home I can regale my friends with stories of 'swimming in piranha infested water'. Circle around through Venezuela and Colombia to Ecuador, then take a brief trip out to the Galapagos Islands. Don't take a turtle, out of love for JR. Head up through Central America in the jeep. Buy silver jewelry. Take a side trip to Cuba. Then go to Mexico City. Stay for a while and take salsa dancing lessons. Not from an instructor, from old couples. Head north toward home, stopping in Rosarito for one last pacifico beer and watch the sunset. Head home and see if anyone of our friends remember us. Drop off 247 rolls of film at Walgreen's. After a few years, donate the elephant to a petting zoo for seniors or sick kids.

19. What color is your bathroom? All white except for the blue and green hand painted fish tiles around the counter and bathtub.

20.Favorite brand of clothing? Anthropologie

21. Where would you retire to? La Bufadora, Mexico. I'd buy a little plot of land overlooking the ocean, build a very open, one room cottage and a few good horses.

22. Favorite day of the week? Sunday or Tuesday

23. What did you do for your last Birthday? Made the mistake of asking the waitress for the largest margarita they had. Which turned out to be roughly the size of the wading pool I had as a kid. But other than that, I was surrounded my all my favorite people, and was serenaded by a pair of mariachi singers. It was a good night.

24. Where were you born? El Cajon Valley Hospital.

25. Favorite sport to play? Bocce Ball.

26. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Who knows.

27. Person you expect to send it back first? Not sure

28. What fabric detergent do you use? It think it's Gain. 'Bright Sky' scent or something.

29. Coke or Pepsi? Coke

30. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Slightly more night-owlish, but it's not very pronounced.

31. Do you have any pets? One cat, Maximus Lloyd Vincente, one beta fish, Caspian, two goldfish, Bianca and Luigi and two hermit crabs, Fritz and Sheldon.

32. Who do you have a crush on? My boyfriend. He's sooooo cute.


2 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

http://www.russiangiftstore.com/

i think the russian dolls are called "matryoshka"

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Gracias!

Post a Comment

<< Home