Saturday, October 30, 2004
Another Actual Conversation
Girlfriend: (looking around the road and parking lots while driving)

Boyfriend: What are you looking for?

Girlfriend: A Focus.

Boyfriend: A what?

Girlfriend: A Ford Focus. I count them, as I drive every day.

Boyfriend: Why are you looking so hard now?

Girlfriend: I've only seen twenty-four.

Boyfriend: How many do you need to see?

Girlfriend: It's not how many, it's just that I can't end at twenty four. Twenty four is not a ......... round number. It was ok until I saw one a minute ago, then I only had twenty three. Twenty three is ok, thats my lucky number. But twenty four, that isn't anything. I can't go home tonight only having seen twenty four, you know?

(long silence)

Girlfriend: A little crazy just slipped out, there, didn't it?

Boyfriend: Yeah.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home