Monday, September 20, 2004
Weekend
So I just saw a great news clip of a truck of chickens that overturned on a bridge in New Jersey. Now officials are running around trying to round up all the chickens. (Have you ever tried to catch a chicken? They run in evasive patterns, changing directions every few seconds. It's a great workout.) It reminded me of a couple of weeks ago when I got caught and a haystorm on the way to work because two (not sure how they both managed to do it at the same time) flatbed big rigs lost their loads of hay bales. So I'm stopped dead in traffic, calling all my friends with horses to come down and pick up some hay, to 'help with the cleanup', and I was soooo tempted to fill my car with hay and have my own hayride to work. But I figured it would end up being like the time I foolishly decided to transport my christmas tree inside my car. (I found needles for months.)
Some sad news, my fish Caspian is sick. I have medicinal drops, lets hope they work, 'cause he's my little buddy.
Some good news, over the weekend I bought a new fish, Uji. He's a white and blue beta and he now lives in the pagoda in my crab habitat, recently vacated by Ra, my poor deseased little zen fish, now buried under the budda statue in my ivy. While I was at Petco buying Uji, I almost bought a parakeet. And a mouse. And I almost adopted a cat from the shelter rescue lady out front. I might go back for the cat. Her name was Rosa and we sorta bonded. I'm just not sure how much she would like my other cat, Maximus. Max is really playful, and so he needs a buddy who wants to play with him, not a cat that will think he's a pest and get stressed out. I might ask if I could take Rosa for a few days to see how they bond, but I'm not sure I want to take her and get all attached and possibly have to give her back. She was such a sweet cat, the story on her was that a family owned her and didn't take very good care of her or all their other pets. The family got evicted from their house and Rosa hid because she was pregnant. So the neighbors found her a few days after the family left and she ended up at a shelter, then in foster care. She had her kittens and they've all been adopted. She looks a bit like my cat when I was a kid, and she really seemed to warm to me. I just don't want to take her if she isn't going to be happy with Max. Besides, there's the 'cat ratio rule' to consider. A single woman should only be allowed to own up to two cats. Once she gets that third cat, it's a slippery slope to 8 cats, 26 cats, 101 cats....... She will never have people in her life, just cats. Once a woman is married and has a family, she can have as many cats as there are people in her family, plus one (allowing for her to keep her two cats and for each member of the family to have their own cat if desired). So this means I have to pace myself, and Rosa would be the last cat I could get until I get married or one of them dies. Choices, choices.



1 Comments:

Blogger luca said...

this reminds me of the crazy cat lady that lived next to us when I was growing up. she was crazy.

Post a Comment

<< Home