Thursday, September 16, 2004
Today takes a sudden downward turn
The most distressing thing has happened to me. I ran my fingers thru my hair and found a GRAY HAIR! And it came off in my hand, which means I'm graying and balding, all at once. Suddenly I feel like going home, watching Matlock and going to bed early. Lest you should think I'm overreacting, keep in mind that all the women in my family either go completely gray by the time they're thirty five, or they never get any at all. It's either extreme. Now my fate is sealed. Plus, and this is far more distressing, I always thought I'd be one of those awesome women who age really gracefully, who accept the ravages of time with grace and calm. But I feel like crying. Suddenly I see my fate as a bitter, gray-headed 30 year old.
Plus, who knew I was so vain about my looks? I sure didn't think I was.
But really, I'm sure I'll be fine, I'll get okay with it, I'll start stocking-piling hairdye, and probably even laugh about this. But I'm probably canceling tonight's planned excursion to buy a bathing suit. I can only handle so much trama in one day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home