Friday, September 17, 2004
TMI
Christy sent this to me and rather that forward it on, here it is.
1. What is your Full Name: Quess.
2. What color pants are you wearing right now? Blue Jeans, with a cute antique brooch on the rim of the front pocket.
3. What are you listening to right now? This awesome local guy’s CD, Elijah Clark.
4. What are the last 2 digits of your phone number? 59
5. What was the last thing you ate? Fruit salad for lunch, with one of those little bottles of apple juice shaped like an apple.
6. If you were a crayon what color would you be? Sage Green
7. How is the weather right now? Bright, sunny, 90 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. What else, it’s San Diego.
8. Last person you talked to on the phone? On my cell phone, Bunny. On my work line, someone from an air conditioning repair company looking for accounts payable.
9. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex: It’s funny, but I don’t really have any one feature that I notice. I tend to notice more what they are doing. Reading, talking, staring into space.
10. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Naw, hate that bitch. I mean, uhm, hi Christy.
11. How are you feeling today? I feel stupid for being in such a funk earlier, but great now.
12. Favorite Drink: Cranberry juice.
13. Favorite Alcoholic drink: Mmmmmm, tough to say, because it really depends on my mood. But one thing that never misses is a double shot gin martini, straight up, three olives.
14. Favorite Sports: Crocket, lawn bowling, archery (awww, fond memories of high school PE), love horseback riding, or hiking, anything that gets me out of civilization.
15. Hair Color: Mostly brown
16. Eye Color: Green
17. Do you wear contacts: Nope
18. Siblings: Jesse Ryan Barrick, age 25.
19. Favorite Month: Oh, gosh, just one?
20. Favorite Food: Just south of Ensenada, Mexico, is a small fishing harbor, La Bufadora. They have a little restaurant overlooking the harbor with rooftop seating. You can order a fish taco, where the fish was swimming an hour ago. Pair that with an ice cold Pacifico beer, all for about $3. Eat slowly. Tip your chin up while you eat, you get a better view of the coast and sky, it’s better for your tan, and it keeps the sauce from running down your chin. Pay a wandering mariachi singer a dollar a song to sing while you eat. When you are done, tip him five more dollars, for karma. This place has taken the significance of a healing religious shrine to me. Believe me, it’s the cure for whatever ails you.
21. Last Movie you watched: Suspect Zero. (creepy!)
22. Favorite Day of the Year: August 8th.
23. Are you too shy to ask someone out? Never. Once I was sitting at Denny’s with some friends and I saw a guy reading a book. He looked like someone I wanted to know, so I threw fries at him until he came over. We dated for a while. Any of my friends will tell you, I’m not afraid to let someone know I like them.
24. Summer or winter: See, I just can’t pick. So many questions about months and seasons. That’s not how I keep track of time. I like that two weeks in spring when everything flushes out in green with a hint of yellow from the mustard plants, I like that smell of the first time the neighbors cut their grass in spring. I like the feel of an ocean breeze on hot, slightly sun-burned skin, hot summer nights in September where you can’t sleep and you sit outside on the porch and drink iced suntea, that first time you step outside and realize it smells cold, and the first set of Christmas lights you see and the first two weeks of Jan when if someone asks you pointblank what year it is and you couldn’t tell them to save your life.
25. Hugs or Kisses? Why not both? At the same time?
26. Chocolate or Vanilla: Boring vanilla chick here.
27. Do you want your friends to write back? Sure, if they have the time
28. Who is most likely to respond? I never know
29: Who is least likely to respond? Harrison Ford. He never answers me.
30. What book are you reading? Good night, Willie Lee, I’ll see you in the morning by Alice Walker. Amazing poetry. Here’s a taste:
I thought love would adapt itself to my needs.
But needs grow too fast;
They come up like weeds.
Through cracks in the conversation.
Through silences in the dark.
Through everything you thought was concrete.
Such needful love has to be chopped out or forced to wilt back,
Poisoned by disapproval from it’s own soil.
This is bad news, for the conservationist.
My hand shakes before this killing.
My stomach sits jumpy in my chest.
My chest is the Grand Canyon
Sprawled empty
Over the world.
Whoever he is, he is not worth all this.
And I will never unclench my teeth long enough to tell him so.

31. What's on your mouse pad? Don’t have one.
32. Favorite Board Game: Is Taboo a board game?
33. What Did You Do Last Night? Last night I bought a swimsuit. Then I went to my boyfriend’s house and watched tv. Then I talked to Bunny on the phone while I bought candy for work and put gas in my car.
34. Favorite Smell: Scotch tape.
35. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? I’d never tried before now, and I can now tell you, no, no I cannot.
36. What inspires you? People
37. Favorite Flower: Sweet peas, honeysuckle, someday I would like to plant a small corner of a garden in all white flowers.
38. What's the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Ohmygod, I’m dying. I can only see black, my eyes itch, I can’t breathe, and my mouth is dry. Oh, wait. My cat is sleeping on my face again.


1 Comments:

Blogger singingsolace said...

I rather like the smell of scotch tape as well. I really like your upbeat answers. Take care.

Post a Comment

<< Home