Monday, August 09, 2004
Lady in Pink
Yesterday, as some of you may know, was mine and JR's (FYI, I've changed his name, it's now Jack, more on that in another post) one year anniversary. Yay, I've managed to keep a guy liking me for a year! I think I've got him hooked now, so now I can get all fat and let myself go. Just kidding. Anyhoo, so yesterday he took me to that restaurant out on the pier at Seaport Village (you know a guy loves you when he pays $8 for parking) for lunch. Then we strolled around, looking in shops at overpriced windchimes (found out where Eric got my birthday gift, thank you again!) and beautiful shell dishes. Then we heard a band playing oldies and wandered over. The band was just starting up Rockin' Robin and a few couples were dancing. (I love to watch old couples dance, they are always the best ones because they've been dancing together forever.) So this elderly woman with a walker is sitting on the sidelines, she's wearing a pink, very 'old lady church dress'. With matching hat. And matching 'old lady sensible church shoes'. The leather ones with a strap over the instep and a slight heel. Incidently those are the absolute best dancing shoes. Which worked out well for her, (or maybe shes just always prepared for that sort of thing) because when that song began, she stood up, rolled her walker forward into the couples and started to dance with the best of them. And this grand old dame could DANCE. She shook and boogied and danced that walker around. I've always heard the mark of a good dancer was that they made their partner look good and boy did that walker look like a pro. I would have looked silly next to such a master, but the little girl in me was like, "I wanna dance with her!" So here's to you, Lady in Pink, for not letting little things like being old and lame and having no partner keep you out of the game. For finding partners in unusually things and for being the absolute belle of the ball.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home